Our Range of Services
We offer practical solutions, legislative compliance and administrative support where needed. Our HR services aren’t just about ticking boxes they are about doing the right thing for you, your employees and your organisation. Our aim is to remove the headache and replace it with clear and pragmatic advise and execution. It’s about providing help where needed and letting you get on with the rest of your job. Just let us know what your needs are and we would be happy to advise the best level of service to fit.
Human Resources Services
Typical topic areas we cover are:
- HR Legislation and Compliance through HR Health checks of contracts, files and polices (following both UK and Manx law)
- Policies and procedures – the creation of and update of these, making sure you are legally compliant, that your policies and procedures and employee handbooks work for you and providing support where needed to implement them.
- Employee contracts – the review, implementation, reissue, ongoing administration of contract changes
- Performance Development and Performance Management – helping you to get the very best from everyone on your team
- Absence Management – it’s always difficult to manage absence balancing your obligations to the school, students, colleagues and the individual we help you implement and manage a fair, transparent process to protect all involved.
- Change Management – guiding you through the tricky worlds of redundancies, TUPE transfers and restructuring
- Discipline and Grievance – help with what to say and how to say it, and more importantly what NOT to say!. Provide the right documentation and will attend the meetings if required.
- HR Training – understand the basics and know when to get help.
Available HR Packages are:
Please click through to discover more about each.
Discovery Insights Colours
The Insights Discovery model is a simple and accessible four-colour model which, accompanied by an Insights Discovery Personal Profile, helps people to understand more about themselves and others.
It creates a common language that makes it easier to identify strengths and address weaknesses, so that individuals and teams can perform at their highest level. This model provides an effective foundation for learning programs since it inspires individuals to think about how they act and communicate.
Every person has all four colour energies within them but has a natural preference for some over others which influence their motivations and behaviour; it is the combination of these energies which creates each unique personality.
By understanding your own and others’ preferences better, you can take simple, practical actions that improve your everyday relationships.
You can use the Insights Discovery system to accelerate the transformation of your business and the personal growth of your people. One of Insights Discovery’s greatest features is its versatility; it can integrate and support other systems already in place by providing a common, easy-to-use language that is shared across whole organisations. Use it in recruitment, individual or team development, leadership effectiveness or sales improvements.
Development and training is achieved using interesting, appropriate and engaging practical sessions to motivate employees and enhance their personal performance. The aim is to make sure your employees are equipped with the practical skills to lead to enhanced relationships, increased staff retention and improved business performance. We have a range of training interventions available from resilience, delivering difficult conversations, HR for non-HR managers and proactive management. Just ask us for further details.
Strengthscope Personality Profiling
As an accredited Strengthscope licensed Master practitioner we use ‘strengths assessment’ profiles and related solutions to optimise employees’ business strengths leading to increased engagement, performance and job satisfaction. These tools can be used to work within to identify each member’s strengths, where the cross overs are, where the gaps are, and as such improve their effectiveness and understanding, encouraging each individual whilst playing to everyone’s strengths as a whole.
Mediation is increasingly being used to resolve disputes in many areas of life. It is an effective alternative way of dispute resolution and we can provide a certified mediator to act as a neutral third party to bring the two sides together with the aim of reaching a mutual agreement and resolving their issues.
There are several reasons to use mediation in individual employment disputes.
- The informal approach means there is greater flexibility
- The confidentiality of the process can offer a breathing space that allows for more open and honest discussion
- It is especially effective when used at the initial phase of any disagreement, before the conflict escalates
- Early intervention can prevent both sides from becoming entrenched, and may prevent it blowing into a full-blown dispute
- There is less chance of the working relationship breaking down irrecoverably
- It improves the likelihood of maintaining good and productive relationships going forward
- Provides a speedier response to conflict and so nips potentially damaging issues in the bud
- Reduces levels of grievances